Not surprisingly, we get lots of inspiration and tips from people we’ve found and followed over the years online. Blogs are still a great resource to follow one’s journey as they change something in their lives — we like them for design, food, parenting, organization, travel … the sky’s the limit! Instagram of course is also really fun to peruse — I try to remember to set a timer for 30 minutes or so, whenever I take the time to delve into social media. Otherwise, I can get very distracted from stuff I really have to do, while being absorbed with awesome content!
Here are some of our favorites to follow on Instagram and most of these creatives also write a blog.
Smitten Kitchen :: Deb has published a few cookbooks and talks real about cooking in a tiny NYC kitchen. Lots of great inspiration here.
- Sarah Richardson/Design Life :: She’s been absent from HGTV-US for a few years, but I really like the way she puts rooms together. She talks about practical things like fabric content and lighting placement. Check out her channel on You Tube.
- A Storied Style :: Grace is in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and she works with a wonderful team and creates amazing and soulful spaces, especially for families. Also catch her show on HGTV — it’s about to start its second season.
- Julia Turshen:: This NY-based cook and author talks food and food equity and is a joy to behold. I also listen to her podcast Keep Calm and Cook On.
- Juniper Home :: Based in Arizona, Jenny has created a large following as she’s renovated her home, flipped homes, launched product lines, etc … she’s got great style.
- Bower Power :: Katie is like the girl next door, sharing her take on life with kids and all her interior design projects along the way.
- Chris Loves Julia :: This dynamic duo share their journey as they make changes to their home, all the ups and downs.